The new hybrid Spectrolab metal analyzer combines analog photomultiplier tube (PMT) detectors with digital charge coupled device (CCD) technology for ultra-accurate simultaneous measurements in R&D, trace metal measurement, and precious metals analysis.
The new breakthrough all-CCD technology SPECTROLAB spectrometer for metal analysis provides outstanding speed, accuracy, and flexibility for process control and QC of fabricated and finished goods.
Features of both new high-performance metal analyzers include:
- Spectacular stability. Unlike conventional models, Spectrolab’s sealed, no-purge optical system maximizes light transmission stability, even in the far UV; its software utilizes sophisticated online drift correction measures; and its optimum correlation between analytical and reference lines provides the most stable measurement approach possible.
- Ultralow limits of detection with improved background correction. Depending on application and analytes, the device can easily ascertain trace values in single parts per million (ppm).
- Ultrahigh speed of measurement. The coupling of a high-energy plasma generator with the company’s unique dynamic pre-burn process delivers a lightning fast setup, accelerated sample throughput, and extremely low time to measurement in many applications.
- Ultimate elemental flexibility, in most cases eliminating hardware reconfigurations. An optional software-extendable configuration enables changes to the elemental setup without requiring calibration.
- Affordable cost of ownership. iCAL logic saves not only time but also cost for standardization samples. UV-PLUS purification eliminates expensive argon purging or vacuum pumps. Component relocations, advanced diagnostics, and other improvements ease maintenance and prevent downtime.
- Ease of use with a new user interface and new application profiles that are tailored to predetermined user requirements.
Both new high-performance OES spectrometers for metal analysis are immediately available.
(Source: Spectro Analytical Instruments)